Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One Minute for Myself

by Spencer Johnson

- Lots of wisdom but not the best 1minute book
- took so many notes that decided not to write the notes and just highlight a few points
- underwhelmed by the book actually as i expected lots more...but i did learn quite a bit

  • Before I an take care of anything or anyone, I must first take good care of my self
  • if i am taken care of, i will be happier and in a better mindset to help others
  • if i have ignored myself, i will feel bad and no matter how hard i want to help others, my mind will feel too damaged and pessimistic to be helpful
  • take 1 minute for myself when flustered. Stop, close your eyes, take deep slow breaths and ask yourself "how can i take better care of myself right now?"
  • at any moment, you can change your mindset by turning your focus inwards
  • "is there a better way right now for me to take good care of me?"
  • When you take better care of my self, you naturally will take better care of others as you loving of yourself will become loving of others. And when they feel loved, the cycle will continue onto others.
  • "the more I take good care of myself, the less resentment and anger I feel and the more loving I become towards myself and others






No comments:

Post a Comment